Sponsor: Greater Seattle Romance Writers of America
Opens: April 1, 2013
Deadline: May 31, 2013
Fee: $12 for GSRWA members, $20 for nonmembers. Electronic submittal.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ENTRIES. THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
Eligibility: Unpublished writers or writers who are unpublished in the romance genre for the past 5 years
Entry: Your novel's opening hook - The Opener - is what attracts an editor or agent. Polish the first seven pages of your manuscript and enter the Emerald City Opener Contest, sponsored by the Greater Seattle Chapter of RWA.
Categories: Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Novel with Strong Romantic Elements, Romantic Suspense, Young Adult, Erotica
First Round Judges: PROs & published authors.
Final Round Judges: Agents & Editors attending Emerald City Writers' Conference October 18-20, 2013
- Tara Parsons, Harlequin - Novel with Strong Romantic Elements
- Selina McLemorre - Grand Central - Historical
- Chris Keesler - Boroughs Publishing - Paranormal
- Sarah Younger - Nancy Yost Literary Agency - Contemporary
- Courtney Miller-Callihan - Sanford J. Greenberger Associates - Young Adult
- Ellen Smith, Publisher, Champagne Book Group - Erotica
- Judith Engracia with Liza Dawson Associates - Romantic Suspense
Finalists receive a private pitch with their editor or agent of choice if attending Emerald City Writers' Conference on October 18-20 Top prize in each category is $20, a framed certificate and a trophy.
You can view the rules here.
You can view the ECO Score Sheet and see how your entry will be judged.