2013 Emerald City Opener Contest Rules
Opens: April 1, 2013
Deadline: May 31, 2013
Fee: $12 for GSRWA members, $20 for nonmembers. Electronic submittal.
EACH entry must include:
- A signed Emerald City Opener Contest Signature Form (contest agreement).
- One check or money order in U.S. funds for $12.00 (GSRWA members) or $20.00 (non-members) made payable to Greater Seattle Chapter, RWA, or a copy of your PayPal receipt. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- The first seven (7) pages of your manuscript, submitted electronically with the Emerald City Opener online submission form.
- All entries must be double-spaced with one-inch margins, in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Include the title of the entry and sequential page number in the manuscript header. DO NOT put your name on manuscript pages.
- Limit two (2) entries per person. Only one entry per category – for example, you may enter young adult and historical with two different manuscripts. A signed entry form and payment must be submitted separately (either via snail-mail or scanned) for each entry.
- Entries that have been submitted in previous years and did not win, may be resubmitted provided the manuscripts have been re-titled and totally revised.
- Manuscripts must be unpublished in any format to be entered in the ECO.
- Authors who have been unpublished for the last 5 years may enter the ECO.
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in disqualification.
Entries must be received (first seven pages of manuscript e-received) by midnight (PDT), May 31st, 2013.
You will receive an entry acceptance email confirmation for each entry when the Emerald City Opener Contest Signature Form and payment have been received. If it doesn’t come through, check your “spam” folder.
To pay the fee using paypal, send the amount to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If an entry is disqualified for any reason (such as it is clearly not romance fiction or a novel with strong romantic elements, does not fit the contest categories, is improperly formatted, etc.), the entry fee will not be returned to the contestant.
If you have any questions, send an e-mail to: email@example.com. We will be happy to clarify the rules.
Thanks for entering the 2013 ECO,
Shannon Kennedy and Marianne Stillings,
Emerald City Opener Co-Chairs 2013
Emerald City Conference Chair